Thursday 21 November 2013

Sexy Look Black Cotton Masks {Review}

I'm a big fan of moisturising masks, especially where I am at now. I'm in Australia, where it's one of the driest climates I've ever been to! So when I went to Taipei, I stocked up on a lot of them! Hee. And one such brand that I bought was Sexy Look; their black moisturising masks were one that I've heard a lot of, but never tried because it was so expensive in Singapore. :( So when I finally had a chance to go Taipei, I decided to try it too. :) And I was pretty lucky because the shop I went to was retailing it for a buy-1-get-1-free! :) I can't remember how much I've bought it for now, sorry. :(

Anyway, there's 3 different types of Sexy Look Black Cotton Masks:

Source: Google
  1. Intensive Moisturising Black Cotton Mask 
  2. Intensive Repairing Black Cotton Mask
  3. Intensive Whitening Black Cotton Mask


The box that I brought here... is the Moisturising box! :) From the packaging, one thing that is different about this mask is that it is BLACK. Kudos to the team behind Sexy Look masks as they use advanced technology to infuse activated carbon into the cotton sheets - allowing the mask to absorb dirt and excessive sebum from the skin yet also refines the pores. It also rehydrates and repairs the skin for a natural glowing complexion. The moisturising box also has added Vitamin C enriched with blackcurrant that boosts nutrient circulation and roserock that moisturises the skin giving it a more radiant look. 

Whenever I find zits suddenly appearing on my face (especially during that time of the month), I would quickly put on a mask to soothe my skin and moisturise it, and hope that the zits won't leave scars. So I like how moisturising and cleansing this mask is. :)

One thing I really like about this mask is that the size of the mask is just right, it fits and contours my face nicely. I find that for the other masks, it is usually too big for my skinny face, so I always have to make the mask sit nicely on my face and try not to have too many wrinkles on the sheet. The mask essence also doesn't drip during application, which is super good in my opinion, and it stays right where it is, till you remove the mask. :) Each box has 5 sheets and each sheet is well soaked with 28ml of essence (very visible when you first remove it from the packet). The instructions say to leave it on for 15-20 minutes, but it takes longer than 20 minutes for the mask to dry up, so I usually leave it for ~30 minutes before removing it. :)

I do find that my skin looks more glowing after I used it, pores looks more refined and my skin feels moisturised and not dry, which is awesome! :) Unfortunately, this doesn't carry on till the next day. :( But I would say this is very good for emergency use for parched and thirsty skin. :)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Repurchase? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment